Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week # 9

Hey Family!!
 Sorry the email came late this week. It has been a really roller coaster type week. We had zone conference with a member of the quorum of the 70 yesterday so today is our P-DAY. Well, like I said, this week has been really crazy. Jenny who was our investigator that was to be baptized Sept 11 called us and said we cant come around anymore. It really broke mine and elder Tienda's hearts. :( We were pretty sad all day and we didnt feel like going out, but we went out anyways. We found like a bunch of new investigators that day and taught many lessons. That was a huge testimony that God loves us and is there. We were feeling pretty down about missionary work but we went out anyways and we were blessed :)
  Also we went to visit some other really good investigators the next day and when we showed up to their door, we could tell something had happened. We went to the door and realized that there had been an immigration sweep in that complex. We had several investigators in there they were all gone. Apartments empty drawers and cabinets open stuff pushed around. It was very scary. That bummed us out as well but once again God blessed us with more success.  Finally we got to have the zone conference with Elder Golden of the 70 from South Africa. It was very very uplifting :)  Everytime his wife talked, it reminded me of Princess Diaries because of her accent.  haha.  Well I hope all is well at home. Sorry for the short email again this week.. Im emailing at Bestbuy lol really awkward. I am starting to be a little nervous for transfers which is coming up in like 3 weeks. Everybody thinks I will be training... I feel way too new in the mission for thatt I know there will be change though because President wants to split Elder Tienda and I up.
  I am doing pretty good on finances right now thanks mom ! They just raised our monthly funds from 130 to 150$ so its preety sweet.  Thanks for the cookies grandma they were super yummy. I ate them pretty fast lol. Oh actually mom, could you get me a Gospel Principles book in spanish?? I have one in english but it doesnt help much. It would say Principios del Evangelio on th front. Thanks !!
 love Elder Dutson

No comments:

Post a Comment