Monday, December 12, 2011

Week # 21

Dear Family-
It is pouring over here!! Oh boy being a bike missionary in the rain
is SOOO fun :) Anyways, this week was better than last week. Dad,
thanks for your advice. Elder Grose and I will do exactly what you
suggested. Well just to scare you all, I finally have a dog story....
Last monday after email, I was bit by a pitbull... But in that, I
witnessed a miracle. We were riding our bikes and we had to pull off
for a minute. I was right next to a chain link fence without really
realizing it. It was right next to a really busy street so I couldn't
hear the dog barking, but right on the other side of this fence was a
GIANT pitbull. All of a sudden I felt a really sharp pain in my hand.
I look down just as the dog is releasing my hand from its mouth. When
I get my hand back, it looked pretty bad but wasn't bleeding. But we
said a prayer right there on the street and within a half hour, there
was not even a mark on me.
I am so grateful for the power of prayer. I know that my Heavenly
Father was and is looking out for me and I am eternally grateful.
The rest of this week was good. We had a stake Christmas program
last night and all the wards sung a villancico(christmas hymn).
Because our ward's choir was very small, all us missionaries helped
out and sang with them. Then we also had a song that was sung by a
special missionary choir that I got to take part in.
OH MY GOODNESS.. Christmas is coming up ! I am not entirely sure when
I will be calling still but i will know for sure by next pday. We only
have church for one hour on Christmas so we will be done by 12. But we
might have a baptism so I will let you know exactly next pday. I
received a card and tie from the Montez family this week. I really
miss them ! I also got a card from Grandpa Phil and the Nutz as well.
Thanks for the cards everyone ! They are definitely appreciated. Next
Tuesday we are going on a San Fernando Valley missionary temple trip.
All the spanish speaking missionaries in the Valley have a special
session in the LA temple. I am way stoked!!! \

That is way scary for Kayln's family I am sure. Her and her family
will definitely be in my prayers. She is such a sweet girl and
hopefully things will go ok.
Well, I think that is about it for the week. and Dylan, stay bundled up!

With Love,
Elder Dutson

No comments:

Post a Comment