Monday, January 23, 2012

Week # 22

Dear Family-
Its a week away from Christmas !!!!
Holy Cow that is crazy.
Mom, that is way awesome that you and Sister Smith are such good missionaries ! It really is SO important to get members involved in missionary work. President Hinckley said this, " Some think missionary work is simply tracting. Everyone involved knows there is a better way, and that way is through the members." When members take part in missionary work, it is more sucessful. Us as the full time set apart missionaries, can not stay with our investigators/ converts for forever. We have transfers every six weeks. But if that investigator/convert has a fellowshipper in the ward, it gives the investigator that added support after the missionaries leave :)
Mom, I am sure your sunbeams will miss you. You are an amazing teacher. I dont think I have mentioned this in my letters but since Elder Grose came, he and I have been teaching a Sunday school class for the 14- 18 youth. The ward does not have enough people to fill the calling right now so we stepped in. We have developed a friendship with several of the young men and they are coming to us now and volunteering to come out with us. That has been very fun for us.
It continues to rain off and on and we actually do get in more houses because people pity us haha. Our week went really well. Our hard work and patience has pulled through. We were blessed to find 4 new investigators in 4 days this week. It certainly made us grateful.
For the package mom, I dont have any more requests and it would probably be better sent to our apartment. I know Grandma said she sent hers to the mission office which is fine, but the people who pick those packages up( our zone leaders) are not very good at remembering to give the packages out that they send out. My apartment address is 13520 Foothill Apartment 209 Sylmar CA 91342. But grandma dont worry, I will bug my zone leaders until they give it to me.
As for the phone call business, I will be calling home at 11 am Arizona time. Hopefully all who want to talk will be able to at this time.
Glad to hear that the Gilbert Temple is coming along nicely. I wonder if I will beat it home?? I am sure all the new temples in Arizona will be a relief to the Mesa Temple. I have heard that besides the Provo Utah temple, the Mesa Temple is one of the busiest and services the most people. We have not gone to the temple yet, we actually go tomorrow ! Super Excited !!
Well I love you all and hope you enjoy the Christmas Caroling with the family. I will certainly miss singing with everybody. We went with our ward last night and caroled to all the less active members and the members who are too sick to make it to church. It was really special.
- Elder Weston Dutson

No comments:

Post a Comment