Monday, February 20, 2012

Week # 29

Dear Family-
I apologize that this is coming late. I was transferred so I was moving all day yesterday. President gave me the option. I was able to choose between training again or him granting my previous request to be with Elder Okazaki( my buddy from Arleta) in Ridgecrest. I told him it would be really cool to be in Ridgecrest but that I would be happy to train again if he thought that was best. So here I am in Ridgecrest CA. like 2 hours from Mammoth Ski Resort. SUPER COLD but way nice :) I am also kind of in English work this transfer. Both Elder Okazaki and I will both prolly be up here for like a transfer or 2 and then both go down to the valley again. President wants back in Spanish work. The ward up here is an English ward but it has "Spanish accomadations". Basically we have to translate for the Latino people. But it is mostly english work. It is a completely different experience being in English work. But I do like it :) I am sad that I left my district in San Fernando but its super cool up here. Lots of interesting hiking and museums and stuff. Ridgecrest is a military town. There is a huge Naval base. Actually from what I have heard, the biggest base in the continental U.S.. .. It is a boomb test research facility and flight training base. So lots of cool airplanes and bombs going off. It is like in the 40's up here. No snow but very cold rain. There is actually a decent chance of snow tonight though. I am also in Elder vNathan Ackleys zone :) He and I are both very excited to see each other. Other than him, I am the longest serving missionary in my zone. Our zone leaders ahave been in the mission for 9 months and my district leader for 6 months. This is a really good zone and one of the coveted areas in the mission. :)
As for the Patriots losing... super lamee. Oh and my new address is 848D South NOrma Ridgecrest CA. 93555.
Nate BREAK A LEG!!!
Nikki... Buenos suerte. play hard and dont take advice from Burch :P
As for Hawaii, um I dont want anything in specific. Just if you see something good :) Well I love you all and hope that all is well !
- Elder Weston Dutson

No comments:

Post a Comment