Monday, August 1, 2011

Week #3

Dear Family- Thank you for gettiong all the mailing addresses set up :)  This week was definitely interesting lol. Our area is really rough and in fact, there are a couple streets where we are not supposed to be on past like 7 or 8 because it's dangerous.  We witnessed like 5 people get arrested this week. And while we were on a certain street, probably like 2 or 3 blocks down the same street, there was a shooting. It was way crazy ! And Friday night/ early Saturday morning, i was woken up by a police helicopter circling our apartment complex and shining the spotlight looking for somebody. It was way scary.
   What you said about obedience is absolutely true.  We have witnessed, how sacrifing something that you want to do, that would comprise one of the mission rules and doing whats right,  we have had added power when we teach. It's soething I appreciate very much. I have some pictures that i will try and send you as well.
  Elder Tienda and I are going to start a fast of our so that we can find people to teach, since we still are not having much luck.
 Last Monday we ate dinner at a members house and it made me laugh. They speak perfect english and they wanted to speak English with me. They are BIG Lakers fans and when I told them I was a Celtics fan they teased me( just like tyhe Montez's would do :P). They are really fun though. We are eating over there again today.  Thanks for all the love )
- Elder Dutson

    Elder Dutson and Elder Tienda

No comments:

Post a Comment