Monday, August 15, 2011

Week # 5


Hey Family!
How exciting to hear about the wedding date ! I am way jealous that you all get to be there and I dont, but you will all just have to give her a biggg hug for me! Congratulations Nate on making Student Council, way cool! even though i never did like those Student Council kids :p I am glad that you and dad get the chance to have a little getaway ! And definitely take the opportunity to attend the Snowflake temple. Temples are so amazing. One of the many reasons that our message we share as missionariers is a happy one is because of the joy of temples and the sacred and eternal things that are done there. I am way excited for Courtney and James to be able to do that together.
  Congrats Nikki on making Varsity VB even though that isn't much of a suprise. You are way talented and I am pretty sure that even if I would have tried harder in school, I would not have been as smart or as athletically talented as you are! Thats a bummer about kayla Keith not getting in. :( But there are many other fun activities that she can join now !
  Elder Iver and Elder Gray are companions now ? Thats way cool. I have stayed in contact with Elder Gray even out here in CA and it sounds like he has had an incredible mission. You will have to send Elder Iver and Elder Gray my love !
    I really like that glove idea ! It is cool because those five things are essencial in being baptized. They have to have atestimony that we are all sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father, that he sent His Son to die for us; that the proper pristhood authority was lost upon the earth with the death of Christ and his apostles. We have to know that our Heavenly Father has never kept that guidance that teh priesthood and prophets have, from permanently leaving the earth. That he has sent the people many prophets in the past, even after they repeatedly reject them. And because of that, Joseph Smith was called as a Prophet of God to restore the true and complete church of Jesus CHrist, and that he will never take prophets from us again. It is such a beautiful message !
  WOW! thats crazy about Dusty! Hopefully he will be ok and he and his family will be in my prayers.
  Hey Grandma how is Johalan's family doing ? Hopefully, they have been able to feel of his Spirit as he tries to let his family know that he is ok!
 
   This week has kind of been a rough week. Our whole district had little success. We had many appointments scheduled, but Satan works really hard to create interference and most of our appointments cancelled this week. We have high hopes for this week though and we have planned to extend a baptismal commitment to our top investigator. Her name is Jenny and she is a very nice lady. We have been teaching her ever since I got here. Elder Tienda and I really believe she is ready for baptism and she has a sincere desire to do what her Heavenly Father wants from here. I will keep you posted! As for the rest of the work, we are having a blast. Our district is way close and we enjoy hanging out on our preperation days! Transfers are coming up next monday so we are all hoping to stay the same.!
 I have heard that we are having a mission tour in a few weeks. One of the Seventy will be coming to our mission but I have not heard when or who just yet ! I am way excited and it brings back memories of when I was in teh MTC during the new mission president training. I got to be in a meeting where all of the Twelve were present and I got to shake several members of ther Seventy's hands ! Well, i definitely love ya all and miss ya ! P.s. my official six monthy mark is in like 3 weeks ! I will have to burn a tie but its kind of sad. I dont want to think abouty time gone, just time i have left!! I love the mission so much and the experience and knowledge that it is bringing me.
  Elder Tienda and I recently read a talk entitled Consecrated missionaries. We have recommitted ourselves personally and as a companionship to be completely consecrated missionaries and give our all to the Lord.  I am constantly reminded of my weaknesses as I have many, but like it says in Ether 12:27 that i have weaknesses for a reason. Ha I am already pretty prideful somethimes, so if I didnt have weaknesses my head wouldnt be able to fit through any doorways. Weaknesses and struggles gives us opportunities to change better ourselves. But just like that scripture says, that if I will humble myslef and come unto Christ totally, being a totally consecrated missionary, that those weak things can become strengths!
 Love you all,
- Elder Weston Dutson

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how you have grown. Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susy:

    I am printing this letter and sending it pouch to Elder "Iver" and Elder Gray pronto!

    Keep up the great work, Elder Dutson. You are very loved and prayed for!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete