Monday, August 29, 2011

Week # 7


Hey Family-
This week was not a productive missionary work week. On Tuesday Elder Tienda and I were being silly and running to our district leaders car when he tripped and landed face first on the  street. His face was pretty cut up and swollen so he wanted to stay inside this week.  He is much better now, I just worry that it will be tough to get him in the working mood now that he got to relax... We shall see. I have not moved and now it seems like we wont move anytime soon.  I am really glad that the Payson picnic went well. I certainly missed it as I am sure Dylan did as well; but we are extremely glad to be serving the Lord.
 
  Nate - Good luck on your show dude. I have not heard of "Anything Goes " but I am sure you will have fun and enjoy it..  How is freshman year goping ? Hate it or love it ? I remember my freshman year :) I was a crazy little guy !!
 
   Nicole - Good luck in Volleyball ! What position do you mostly play ? I remember watching your volleyball and softball games with mom and I will certainly miss that. But you will do great!! You still work at triple P ? How is that going? Oh by the way my district leader wants to write you :P haha l;ove ya
 
  Wow thats crazy about Cody, I am glad that he is doing better though. I bet his mom way way freaked out ! Was he bummed that he is staying stateside now ?
 
Anyways I learned a pretty cool lesson this week. We were at a store and I saw some soccer jerseys. On the Mexican soccer jersey written on the tag was the inscription " Somos Guerreros." That means We are warriors. I thought that was way cool. They go out on their "battlefield" and "fight till the death". We as members of the church are also warriors. We are enlisted in God's Army which is the greatest army ever created. Our enemy is darkness and our weapon is our testimony.  I am often reminded of the Hymn We are Enlisted. The lyrics are different in Spanish. It starts off Somos los Soldados que combaten error; that means we are the soldiers that fight against wrong.  Later on it says a la batalla id sin tardar, con la verdad podreis conquistar. That means  to the battle go without delay, with the truth we can conquer. That is so true! The world is full of darkness these days, but there can be light wherever we are!  But Just like you wouldnt want to go into battle with a dull or broken sword, you dont want your testimony to be dull or broken. We need to "sharpen" our testimonies. How do we do this ? By reading our scriptures, praying and serving faithfully in the church.  If we fight this battle faithfully to the death, we have been promised a great blessing. Back to teh hymn it says, " un hogar celestial vamos a ganar. THat means a celestial we shall win. That is our reward. ETERNAL LIFE. The greatest gift possible. I want to invite all of you to be a light in the darkness. to stand up against Satan and his warriors. I can promise you that if you do so, you will be blessed beyond belief and in the end, we can recieve eternal life.
  Well I love you all and take care !!
- Elder Weston Dutson

No comments:

Post a Comment