Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week # 17

Hola Familia !
 This week was kinda crazy!  We knocked into a family and at first they were not interested but both me and Elder Thacker felt the impression to ask them if there was anything that they needed help with. It turns out their house has been without water for like a year and a half. Their pipes are all broken. They turn the water on for 15 minutes in teh morning and they all shower and fill up a bucket to wash clothes and dishes for the day. Then they turn it back off. When tey explained that Elder Thacker and I got a huge smile on our faces. Elder Thacker used to lay water pipes for the city he lived in and he knew exactly how to do it. We told them we could do that for them and they gratefully accepted. We dug for two days this week and figured out our course of action. We are going to install a brand new water line for them. Then we moved this weekend so that was hectic as well. My new address is 13520 Foothill  Apt 209 Sylmar CA 91342.  I also got the opportunity to go on exchanges with my district leader Elder Riggs. He is an awesome missionary and it was nice to be able to learn from him. We are all getting ready for transfers  as this is the last week. We are pretty sure that that Elder Riggs is leaving and that Elder Thacker is leaving and Hermana Blackburn(the one that reminds me of mom) is leaving so that would mean alot of change. Its kind of a bummer because I have really enjoyed being with Elder Thacker.
  That is crazy that some of my friends are already on their way home! How is Elders Olmstead, Neher and Montez doing ? 
   Wait, what is going on with Kayln ? She didnt get better ? Thats a bummer. She is one of the absolute sweetest girls I have ever met. Her family will definitely be in my prayers.
   Kevin is still pushing off being baptized but I feel like we are making progress with him. Hopefully he will make the decision here soon. Yesterday Darian( Elder Tienda's and I's investigator ) was baptized. I was able to attend. It was a really cool experience for us and the Arleta ward. That ward is turnimg around. Before Darian, nobody had been baptized for like a year and a half. The wardw as so excited that most of the ward turned up for the baptism. We took pictures that hopefully I will send to you guys soon. 
 
Hope all is well
 Con mucho carino,
Elder Dutson

No comments:

Post a Comment