Thursday, November 24, 2011

Week # 19

Dear Family-
This week was long haha. My new companion (Elder Grose by the way)
is very cool. He is from Bear Lake Idaho. Wednesday and thursday were
really long because I had to pick him up in Santa Clarita and then the
next day was all day training with President Martin. The training was
very nice but it was alot. I am glad you were able to get a letter
from President. I didnt know he did that for trainers. Elder Grose is
really amazing and he bears his testimony very strongly. His spanish
is decent but I will teach him as best as I can. He is not used to
biking all these hills though haha. He reminds me of me when I first
got to this area. But because I know how it feels I make sure not to
leave him in the dust.
We love our new apartment but our neighbors make it a little tough.
Since we have moved in, there has been two rough domestic disputes
with cussing and pushing and crying and it is not fun to listen to.
The walls are very thin so it is hard to escape. It certainly makes me
grateful that I have a loving family that doesn't have those kinds of
things go on. We are working very hard with a less active family
right now named the Arjon family. The hermano Arjon has problems with
faith. He has to know everything and have a reason to do everything.
He knows he needs to have faith but he would rather just know. We also
plan on visiting our investigator family tomorrow and invite them to
be baptized. We are very excited. We just had another person be
baptized yesterday from when I was with Elder Tienda. The kid really
wanted me to go to that baptism but the misioneras in our ward had a
baptism and I was supposed to sing again. Man, thats the second one
where I have been asked to sing a duet with a sister missionary. It
went well but its weird. I dont think anybody even girls would have
gotten me to sing a DUET with them before my mission. But now that I
am out here serving teh Lord, I will do it for Him.
I am glad Courtney and Santiago got back from their honeymoon safe.
Hopefully they enjoyed it. Bummer to hear about his grandfather
though.
I am certainly grateful for a lot of things too. I am most grateful
to be out here serving the Lord. I have been learning so much and am
having the time of my life out here. I am grateful for my family, for
loving, righteous parents who have taught me what is important in this
life. I am grateful for the gospel and the joy and peace it brings to
me. I am grateful to my Savior for His loving sacrifice for me. I hope
everybody pauses to think about all the wonderful blessings we have at
this time of the year and make a commitment to thank your Heavenly
Father for all the wonderful things He has given you.
With Love,
- Elder Dutson

No comments:

Post a Comment