Thursday, November 24, 2011

Week # 18

Dear Family-
Dang my sister is a married woman ! That is crazy. I am so glad that she had such a wonderful time. I hope everyone is recuperating well from the reception. Polynesians and Hispanics are very similar in the fact that they like to party and they are good at it! haha. The work continues to advance here. We have been doing a ton of knocking and we found many many new people to teach. Yes mom, Elder Thacker did know Braedon Talbot. Sadly, Elder Thacker is leaving me though. He is going out to Palmdale. I will certainly miss him. He is an extremely hard working missionary. I will be training a new missionary now for the next little bit. He comes in on Wednesday so I am teaming up with a missionary in North Hollywood for a couple days. That means I will be in a car for a bit! Yay ! haha but the new missionary's name is Elder Grost I believe from Idaho. I am way nervous to be trusted with that responsibility but I am extremely excited :) We set another baptismal date with Kevin so things are starting to look up with him as well. The thing was that his parents put it into his head that he needs to know us for 6 months before he should be baptized. the average time it takes is usually like 1 month and a half soimetimes two. So that is why he has been pushing it off. But he committed to being baptized December 4th. Dylan I hope all is going swell in Washington. My former zoneleader goes home the 16th of this month. He is from Vancouver. His name is Benjamin Browning. If you happen to come across him or his family let me know :) I guess my final note would be that I absolutely HATE that California changes the stupid time. It has messed with my internal clock soo bad haha. I wake up at 630 and I feel like I slept in and then by 8 at night I am falling asleep. GRRRRR... anyways I am glad all is well and wish Dad luck on his tests!
- Elder Dutson

No comments:

Post a Comment