Monday, January 23, 2012

Week # 24

Dear Family -
My week was very good. I hope that everybody's new year went fantastic. As everybody knows, New Years is a time to look back on the year completed and to set goals to improve in the year to come. I would like to invite you all to think of a "New Year's Resolution" that you all could do as a family or individually that would help you show your faith in Christ. We did this with some investigators and members and they had some resolutions such as reading the Book of Mormon as a family, or having a FHE. These are wonderful. I promise you that if you all do this and think a Resolution to be more Christlike or show your faith in Christ, that your faith will increase and that you all will be blessed with strength to pass through the faith trying trials.
Our New Years was fun. We were not allowed to be out too late so we stayed in and played Monoply. We were woken up at Midnight by the celebrations though. We heard a lot of fireworks as well as quite a few guns going off. :)
I am glad Nate and Dad are spending some time together. That is something that I feel like I have failed in thus far as an older brother. I didnt spend as much time teaching and helping my siblings as much as I should have.. especially with Nate. Hopefuly this time spent with dad will make up for that and will benefit him.
How is Tim Matyas doing ? I thought he had joined the Army ? He is a really good kid.
I am sure that it is crazy to have only 2 kids in the house now but it probably makes it easier to do things since you have to work around less schedules.
It's hard to believe how much time has flown by. By the end of this transfer(in February) I will be almost a year completed. That gives me the determination to do more, to work harder and to devote myself even more completely to the work and to make the best of what I have left. I love you all and wish you all a Happy New Year. :)
- Elder Weston Dutson
ps... Dylan your awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment