Monday, January 23, 2012

Week # 26

Dear Family-
All is well here ! I am glad that Kayln's funeral had tons of support. It just shows how many lives she touched. I hope that her family was able to realize how much she meant to the community.
Mom that story about George Lopez doesn't suprise me. He is HUGE in this area and I have heard several similar stories. It seems like he has genuinely tried to make a difference in the community in which he grew up.
Ragen Riggs is pregnant ? wow I bet President Riggs feels super old now ! That is way cool though :) Tell her congrats for me. Courtney I DO expect a nephew by the time I get home though ! jk... take your time with that. I am sure mom and Dad are in no hurry to feel even older than they already are :P
As for Kevin, he didnt come to church this past Sunday because he visited his dad for the last time. His dad is being deported back to El Salvador on his 3rd DUI offense. We didnt feel like we could really make a big deal out of him not coming because Elder Grose and I both thought we would have done the same thing in his position. But hopefully he will come this Sunday. We have made him a Book of Mormon reading chart that would have him read the BOM from start to finish by September. It is more intense than the one the Twelve came up with but Kevin loves to read so we know he can do it. We have him reading in between 20 to 30 verses a day on average. As for the Saldana family, well they accepted a baptismal date. The mom( Lourdes) finally came forward with us and told us that she has a testimony and so does her 14 year old daughter Kimberly. But it is hard for them to go against ir change all those Catholic traditions. That is a common challenge within the Hispanic missionary work and so we are working through that with them.
Dylan, I am not training another one yet... Our transfer does not end until the 6th of February. But that is something my mission president has talked to me about and so we will see. I am perfectly happy with Elder Grose though. He has been a huge blessing to me. I hope everything is going well. please tell nate that I love him !!
- Elder Dutson

No comments:

Post a Comment